Growing from a clone can be a lot easier than growing from seed because you skip the process of germination every time you start a new crop, saving you time and labour. Modern technology has also made growing clones easier than ever. You can now shop for best clones for sale in Los Angeles from online stores.
To clone, simply take a cutting off a plant, put it in a rooting medium or cloning machine, and give it nutrients or a rooting solution. It’ll root out and be ready for potting usually in 10-14 days, giving you a solid start to your cannabis plant.
Below are some different cloning products that we recommend, showing a variety of methods, in a range of prices, so you can get the setup that fits your needs.
Root cubes and trays (~$40)
The tried-and-true and most basic method of cloning, starting your clones in root cubes is something that every grower has done in their lifetime. To get started, you’ll need:
- Set of 1½ x1½ inch rooting cubes (~$15)
- Tray to catch water (~$2)
- Tray-cell insert to put your rooting clones in (~$2)
- Humidity dome (~$5)
- Rooting hormone (~$5)
- Heat pad (~$10)
There are multiple types of rooting cubes made from different material, each with its own benefits:
- Rockwool: Made by melting rock and spinning it into fine threads, this common material is sterile and very porous. Make sure it has good drainage because it sucks up water easily.
- Peat: These hold onto moisture and are organic and biodegradable, but they can have difficulty maintaining their structure.
- Foam: These cubes don’t get as waterlogged as rock wool and have no effect on pH levels.
Before cloning machines became more affordable this method of cloning was the go-to for growers. It’s becoming less desirable because they can be a hassle to use all the pieces and machines are much easier and have a higher success rate.