The business world is now paying more attention to environmental issues; especially compared to five or ten years ago. "Green" thinking now becomes an integral part of the office fit-out business as well. Both commercial improvement contractors and business owners began to always look for the most sustainable choices at each stage of the project.
This article gives some insider tips for "sustainable" office fit-out projects by major contracting company who has been working as the prime contractor on a variety of office fitout services:
Image Source: Google
As the prime contractor, you have to educate the client and discuss the benefits of becoming sustainable. Clear to explain that sustainable solutions may cost a little more initially but long-term cost savings and business credibility as a 'green' will suffice. It is important for clients to be assisted through this decision-making process.
Durability and ease of maintenance are very important for both cost savings and the need to implement a similar project in the near future; thus minimizing the impact on the environment.
- It is imperative that the business owner (or manager of the facility) to understand the benefits of the approach "environmentally friendly" to the project.
- Do understand the client's business and how they work so that the layout and overall design of the office appropriate and fit for purpose.
- Think of how waste can be recycled and minimized during the second strip-out and fit-out process.
- Consider each product used to ensure the longevity and life cycle costings.
- sustainable product sourcing and searching for the chain of custody certification of wood products.